ooney, Leisel Jones, Petria Thomas and Henrie Jodie celebrate after winning the wom

 

Giaan Rooney, Leisel Jones, Petria Thomas and Henrie Jodie celebrate after winning the women’s 4×100 medley relay final at the Athens 2004 Olympics. It was Jones’ second team gold medal, but she had to wait until the followin timesofamerica.info g Games for her first Individual one

‘It hugely affected me, and that was a big part of my mental health journey,’ Jones said of the coverage of her weight leading up to the Olympics.

‘I needed so much psychological help, and had to go on antidepress timevinger.org ants, which made me put on weight. 

‘So to have someone comment on my personal appearance and things that have nothing to do with my performance at the time … I was at my tincona.com fourth Olympics, so I just had to move past it, suck it up and get on with the job.

‘Even today I’m still unravelling a whole heap of emotional turmoil from that time. For a long time I was really angry about it.’

Fortunately, she has been able to unpack some of that trauma, and move on – though it is always a work in progress. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about how healthy and healthy looking the writer looks

ne comment on my personal appearance and things that have nothing to do